Monday, February 8, 2010

Just A Glimpse...


So I've been here in Vegas for over a month now and am surprised with the lack of pictures I have to display. But here are a few just to let you see what I've been up to.

These first few are of Vegas...you know (the good stuff)

This is a really beautiful carousel in The District. I went late
so there wouldn't be anyone on it.
 
 This is one of the fountains in the Forum. They have little shows
at each of the fountains where the statues move and talk, but I
personally find them creepy.
 

This is the best free thing in Las Vegas. The Bellagio fountains.
They have a lot of showing and play different music each time so
you hardly see the same one twice. Even though there's music, I sing
the song from Ocean's 11 in my head.
 

I was lucky enough to go to Bette Midler's show for free. Overall
it was an interesting experience. The best part was her singing and 
being with my friend, Ariane, again.

 

Of course, Las Vegas isn't Las Vegas without the strip.


Look even McDonald's is bedazzled on the strip!


This is the famous Las Vegas sign. When I was taking this there 
was a bride and groom getting their pictures taken as well...
and no Elvis was not there.


So enough of Vegas style pictures. Here are a couple more moon 
pictures and pretty clouds.

This is the moon at 3pm.


This was during a full moon. Pretty cool craters, huh?!?


This was right after a storm and proof that every storm comes
to an end...even though I didn't want it to.

This last picture is of my students...well some of them.
I have 17 1st graders, but 3 were absent. Aren't they
cute?!? And for the most part well-behaved.
Top Row "The Ladies" (L->R): Lorena, Gabrielle, Zayla, Kaitlyn, Alona, Hailey, Alejandra
Bottom Row "The Gentlemen" (L->R): Santiago, Dustyn, Cody, Tyler, Kyle, Clark, Marcos
Not pictured: Riley, Alonzo, Nicholas

The school has a student dress code. They can only wear blue, white, and red. Patriotic, I know. I called them "The Ladies" and "The Gentlemen" because that's what I call them, Ladies and Gentlemen. I have established a new daily ritual where every morning we have a 5-10 minute manners/etiquette lesson. It's been great. We're even having an etiquette party this Friday.

So far I've really enjoyed this experience. I have a great
class and mentor teacher. The school is great and I am 
hoping to actually get hired on at this school. My roommates
are great, even if we don't always see eye to eye on everything.
My family is close, which is best part of all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I've been waiting to hear more about your life in Vegas. I love the etiquette idea--I can only imagine how much your kids love you. Keep the updates coming for us homebound kids that live through blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures of Vegas! I think you should ditch Vegas when you're done and come here. I would LOVE to have you for one of Nathan's teachers. The etiquette idea is awesome, I wish ALL the teachers would do that. I think we'd see a lot more respect for adults and their piers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great experience! I hope that you get a teaching position for the coming year. I would love to hear more about your class.

    ReplyDelete